I recently asked if fans would like to complete a survey on their favorite stars and was over whelmed by the number of fans who responded. Will start first with Chloe Lukasiak.
Chloe was introduced to the world during season one of Lifetime TV reality shows “Dance Moms”. She was a young girl who the world watched grow up and prove herself over and over regardless of how much her teacher Abby Lee Miller screamed at her that she would never be a success.
Chloe stood out to us when she won Teen Choice awards as the first ever choice dancer winner. She walked to the stage in an outfit that knocked me out. She was gorgeous and I said “Wow, who is this girl?” Then her speech really stuck with me. She thanked all her teachers who without them she would not be where she is now and then turned around and said “If anyone tells you that you cant do it, shouldn’t do it, do it anyway and prove them wrong” putting emphasize on the last three words. So basically she thanked Abby Lee Miller for teaching her and then turned around and killed her with kindness by saying “Who isn’t good enough? Not me for sure” I fell in love. This young girl had guts and that is something you need in Hollywood. After winning Teen Choice Choice Dancer she turned around and won Industry favorite Dancer under 17. She really had my attention now.
So I of course asked my friends who is this girl. Never did I imagine it would label me a dumb male with no sense at all. Also never did I imagine one of my friends had the boxed sets of seasons 1, 2, and 3 and we would have to binge watch them on a rainy week end filled with pizza and chips. (By the way I know now that Chloe does not like pizza. Who doesn’t like pizza?)
After watching this we had to of course buy more seasons and watch them. Then we had to go online and watch videos and catch up on all things Dance Moms. I consider myself a bit of an authority on the show now. But the one thing we had to do that was very upsetting was get our personal accounts into the Facebook Dance Moms groups and watch what the fans were saying.
This is one nasty fandom. They beat these little girls down like they know them personally and for some they have no life other than sitting on the computers all day searching for things to be the first ones to post about them. It has been proven several people have multiple accounts to fight with others about which kid is best. Some of them actually would post on a post with their multiple accounts fighting with themselves. I kid you not . It was hysterical.
So we decided we would poll the fans and sent personal messages to some of the most ardent fans and some of the kind fans and asked them to take part in this article. No one will be identified unless they gave us permission to use their names or handles to protect them from the trolls that seem to like to come out of the woodwork and attack people because they support a team member they are against. yea, told you it was weird. You do not see this type of hatred in any other fandom. Heck the RHOA fans have more class.
Here are some of the responses for Chloe. We will of course do blogs for each girl we were able to get responses for. Chloe happened to have the most so she is first. Here are the top ten replies. There is no way we can post them all.
1. I support Chloe because she has proven that she can do things without having people call in favors for her. She gets jobs based on her talent and not because someone arranged it or paid for it for her. She is humble and you never see her saying me, me, me, She thanks her fans instead of saying go buy this or that of mine. Chloe has a good family structure behind her that supports what she wants to do. She also encourages people to read and shares the books she is reading. When Chloe does charity things she does it out of the goodness of her heart and not for publicity. She forms friendships with people that last because they are real friends and she does not call everyone she meets her best friend. She is just genuine in everything she does.
2. I think Chloe is my favorite because she was always so supportive of the other girls when she was young on the show. If Abby made someone cry you saw Chloe hugging them and cheering them up. Chloe just had the cutest expressions when she was younger and she still does. She could have easily hid the fact that she had silent sinus syndrome and get it fixed without going public but she wanted to reach out to let people know what was going on and warn them if they have the same issues to get it checked before it got worse. She truly cares about her fans. She is loyal to them and always thanks them unlike some of the girls on the show. Chloe follows fans back sometimes and that means a lot to the ones she follows. It is the best thing to happen in some of their lives when she follows back. She is just real. With Chloe what you see if real. She does not wear a false flipper to hide her teeth, she went through the awkward braces stage a lot of the fans faced too. When she does her videos she does them with the fans in mind asking them what they would like to see her do. She is just kind, considerate and beautiful inside and out. I feel like I grew up with Chloe and she is one of my friends even though I likely will never meet her.
3. Chloe to me represents all that is good in society. She cares about people and it comes across when she talks to the fans. She is well mannered and sits like a young lady should sit when she is interviewed. She doesn’t talk like an ill mannered rude teen or interrupt the people interviewing her. She also never makes it sound like she deserves this and more and does not have an arrogant bone in her body. Chloe is a perfect role model to young girls every where. She shares books and ask her fans to read them with her and tell her what they liked about the books. I read the whole Red Queen series because of Chloe. I loved them and it is the first books I have read since fourth grade that I did not have to read to make a report on. Because of Chloe I now ask for books when my mom goes to the store and have continued to read two to three books a month. She really made me feel like it is not so nerdy to sit home on a Saturday night curled up with a book instead of being bored hanging out with my friends doing nothing in particular just to be hanging out. I get teased sometimes but two of my friends now ask to read the books when I am done with them. Chloe did that and likely has no idea how many teens she has got to read. But that is Chloe. She doesn’t do things for attention she does it because she likes it and wants to encourage others to do it too.
4. I liked Chloe and Paige from the beginning. I loved how they said they were twinning all the time. They were so cute together and best friends in life off the show too. I love that she continued to dance in peoples videos after she stopped dancing. I hated that the trolls made fun of her saying well she is dancing for people no one has heard of. Its not like she is dancing for big named stars. What they don’t understand is that Chloe danced for people trying to get noticed and brought her fans to them to watch her dance. I had never heard of Jess Godwin before Chloe danced for her beautifully in a video but now I think I own all of her CDs. I loved her dancing in Bianca Ryan’s Video for her song Alice too. She was just beautiful. I was thrilled to hear she booked the movie Center Stage on pointe and bought the video. I think Chloe did an excellent job in the movie and also bought A Cowgirls Story only because Chloe was in it. This movie showed that Chloe can act any part they give her. I love seeing Chloe doing well in her career but what I love most is that she does things that are family appropriate and staying true to herself. She has never had to do sexy photo shoots to get noticed. She is always classy. Chloe is the girl I would want my daughters to look up to and want to be like because she doesn’t let anyone tell her she cant do something. She gives it her all and shows she can do anything .
5. Following message from a fan from Twitter:
1) Chloe is such an inspiration to me even though I’m older than her for several reasons. She was always so sweet, humble and kind, and never gave up even when almost anybody else would have. Her strength of character is unbelievable. Her fearlessness is commendable.
2) my favorite dance video of Chloe’s is Alice by Bianca Ryan because Chloe is the epitome of a beautiful ballerina. I loved her dress and her hair and the song and the emotion was perfect for Chloe. Bianca chose Chloe for that song and it’s strikingly beautiful – the combination of Bianca’s voice and lyrics and Chloe’s dancing and emotion.
3) I’m most excited for Chloe’s clothing line, her new book and her movies!
4) Chloe was 9 yrs old when I first discovered her on Dance Moms and watched from the beginning of the show. She totally impressed me with her sweet, kind, humble nature. Her relationship with her mother was and still is, incredible. Her holding hands with the other girls was precious even though they competed against each other. Her sweetness and support for her teammates whom she called her sisters, her strength in the face of adversity and her willingness and motto “we’ll try to do better next time”. Whenever the group got 1st place, she was the first to jump up, throw her arms in the air in victory and was so happy and proud. Basically Chloe’s huge heart of gold is why I fell in love with her. Fun fact – Chloe & Christi are the reason I joined twitter because I got to meet her that way.
5) I love Chloe’s red carpet style. She is always stunning.
6) travel blogs – I like to see Chloe doing anything, having fun and being herself. All the ideas you mentioned would be fun to see her do. Hot air balloon would be awesome.
7)type of movie next – she is so versatile so any movie, maybe comedy when she gets more experience. I know Loophole’s going to be action-packed so that’s exciting. Plus she’s playing a college student! Go Chloe. I loved Cowgirls Story, she was amazing
8)clothing line – cute tops like bell sleeve or that crisp black and white (navy/white) striped top. Jeans or straight line cropped pants, moto jacket would be cool too. All of it! Casual but cute
9)books – I haven’t read any yet, but I do like the type of books she recommends. I will definitely read her book though!
10) I truly truly wish Chloe is able to continue to do what she loves, (dance, acting, whatever she wants to do), that she gets an excellent education because she’s brilliant, finds a loving person to share it with eventually, stays true to herself, and above all, be happy.
6. This fan wanted to remain unnamed as well.
1. Chloe never gave up when she had the chance too. She has taught me how to bring out negative things into positive outcomes. Instead of Chloe having a sweet 16 party she had a small get together with her family- I am very impressed with her because most 16 year olds think they have to have a big party but they do not. Chloe has always said it is better to have a small group of friends rather than a big group of friends that are not really friends. Also, when her ex got so much hate she stood up for him, sadly he did not stand up for Chloe after the break up but we saw that Chloe is the bigger person. 2. Favorite dance video is Tongue by AJ. Just because of the story behind it and you realize who is really there for you as a friend. 3. Really I am excited for everything with her- 2017 is her year!! 4. When she was 9 first season of dance moms because Chloe has taught me so many life lessons! 5. I like her red carpet looks the best she is always dressed age appropriate and it always so stylish. 6. More daring because if Chloe can do it then anyone can do it! 7. I would like to see her in a Disney movie because she loves Disney! 8. Hope to see girls my age in their mid 20s or early 20s clothes for us- I love her style 9. To be honest none(Question was what would you like to see different about them) . 10. That Chloe always stays true to herself! -No Name
7. Chloe has inspired me in so many ways. I got to meet her at a meet and greet and she was so nice and kind she made me want to be a better person to everyone. She is so humble and seems shy when people praise how good she is. Like she doesn’t want people to tell her how much they love her but they really do love her. She gives great advice on her videos and shares books she is reading. I am reading a lot more now than I ever did and I enjoy it. She does home tours and shows us she is just like the rest of us who has a little sister we love but can be a pest to us too. Chloe adores her little sister and made me want to be a better sister to mine even though some days I wonder if it is worth wanting to have that bond. She has a great family and they are active supporting her on social media saying how proud they are of her and how she inspires them to be better people. Some of the girls moms just brag about what the girl is doing and sounds like they demand you go buy a magazine they are in or watch a video. Chloe is a trend setter. She said she wanted to write a book and took her time making sure it was right while others rushed out and hired ghost writers to get books out fast. She wanted to do a clothing line for years. She did not rush to put out just anything but waited until she could actually do the designs instead of hiring someone to do it and put her name on it. she wanted to have hands on and be the boss of her own clothing line instead of saying she did it while it was really someone else work and she just approved it like others did. Chloe has a good moral compass and teaches young girls that they don’t have to be the first they can take their time and do it right and take credit for what they actually do in life instead of hiring others to do it for them. I love watching Chloe Dance, I love watching her act, and I love the life lessons I learn from her. But if she went home tomorrow and said I don’t want this anymore I just want to be a normal teen and go to school with the kids I grew up with and hang out at ball games and go to prom I would still want to know what she is doing in life because one day I expect Chloe will be some famous person who makes a huge difference in this world because she puts her whole heart in what she does.- No Name
8. I think Chloe represents what young girls should be like in todays society. She does not try to dress sexy showing off her body or falling out of her clothes like some of the girls on the show does. She doesn’t get loud and have to be the center of attention when in videos with her friends but respects that she is not the only one in the video. She sets good examples of how to act like a lady instead of trying to be blusterous and take over everything. She has been in interviews with co stars who just run all over it with me, me , me and Chloe sits politely and allows them to make fools of themselves and shows she was raised with manners. Some of the girls open gifts from fans in their videos and act like it is trash to them. But Chloe hasn’t done that. She is always polite and thanks her fans showing appreciation for everyone who supports her. She comments on fans post from time to time when she can and that means a lot to all the fans. It shows she is normal and respects those who support her. She never post go vote for me for this or that but says you guys mean so much to me and I could not do any of this without you when the fans nominate her. Other girls post the link and say “Go vote for me” Like they are ordering you to vote for them. I like several girls on the show but some of their manners just turn me off. I don’t like to be made to feel like I am being ordered or bullied to be their fan. Chloe never makes fans feel that way.- Sarah C.
9. To me Chloe represents what a dancer should look like. She is poised and graceful, Tall with long legs and beautiful. She dances with feeling and glides though the dances instead of looking like she is forcing the moves or attacking the dance like some others have been called out for doing. Chloe’s acting really made me happy. I was afraid she would be to shy but she really gets into each character and makes you forget that is Chloe the dancer up there but you see who she is portraying and like the characters. Every single time she walks a red carpet she is polished and stylish. She looks like a million dollars every time she goes out. Even when she is just walking down the street her clothes look perfect on her and she is always well groomed. That is an example I try to follow from her. I hate seeing the girls on this show with their breast hanging out and shorts cut up to the privates like their next feature role will be in a porn movie. Chloe sets an example that you do not have to sell yourself as a sex symbol to get ahead in the world but you can respect yourself and generate that self confidence. I love that because so many young girls from Disney and other child actors go crazy with being sexy and wild. Chloe turned 16 as a respectful young lady and not someone who sells themselves for attention. That shows me I can be a good girl and still be noticed. Some of the other girls just don’t look good in anything they wear but Chloe always looks polished and perfectly respectable. I love all of the dance videos she has been in and even if she did do some questionable dances I am sure she would make them look like a graceful dancer instead of a sleazy dance. I cant wait for her clothing line to come out and will be buying some of it. I have bought from two others lines and one I loved and one fell apart when I washed it and never looked good again after the first wash. To me Chloe just shows us all that we can be ourselves and not have to be like everyone else to fit in.- Tonya B.
10. I love Chloe Lukasiak because she just makes girls feel like she is just like us and we can be ourselves. We don’t have to do things we don’t feel comfortable doing to get ahead and we don’t have to compromise our morals. Chloe was not my favorite at first but the more my favorite showed bad attitude I could not stand her anymore and started noticing Chloe was always nice and supportive. she would say I hope I win not I am going to win because I am better than them. But to Chloe winning was not everything she just loved to dance and she loved that she made her fans happy. I have always loved reading so when Chloe used to have time to do the book club on her videos I loved it because she gave a lot of good titles to read. And she talked about the book on her video too so you felt like she was just like us. When Chloe did her room tour I showed my mom her closet in the video and asked if we could do that with mine and it made me start wanting to take better care of my clothes and not throw them in the floor because her room is so neat and her clothes always look so nice on her. She always dominates the red carpets with her style and I love that her hair is always neat and her make up is natural and not painted on. I don’t like when she wears bright red lipstick for photoshoots because it is not her. She looks better natural. I don’t like when Clara is in the videos with her because she is loud and complete opposite of Chloe. I mean I don’t dislike Clara but I don’t watch the videos to see Clara or Christi. I watch to see Chloe. But I guess some fans ask to see them so she includes them. I just wish they would not be so loud and try to take the attention away from Chloe. I like that she is sincere with her fans, loyal to her fans and friends, sets good examples for young girls to follow, is humble and modest and above all that she appreciates and shows it to her fans.
All of these comments are from her fans. To me Chloe is a good example of what sixteen year old girls should represent to the world. She is charming while remaining true to herself. She is poised and graceful and I enjoy watching her dance. I would love to see her do some different genres in the future just to see what she can do. what ever Chloe Lukasiak decides to do in the future I feel certain she will be successful at it because after all she is Chloe. The Sweet heart teen of Reality TV breaking out in so many different areas that the sky is the limit for her. One thing that is clear from her fans survey they all feel like she is a good role model, she is loyal, and she is a kind hearted person they all adore and will follow for as long as she is in the public eye.